Culottes and Heeled Booties

October 21, 2015

Is anyone else LOVING culottes for fall? Or make that all year round?

DSC_0869

DSC_0902 DSC_0909 DSC_0924 DSC_0927DSC_0886DSC_0940

I work in a very casual office! When I say casual, I mean I could wear a pair of jeans, a tee shirt, and converse everyday and no one would give me a second look, which I am definitely not complaining about when I just don’t feel like putting a thought into my outfit…we all have those days right! While I am all for a good casual outfit (sometimes the most casual outfits can be the most chic), I am a major girly-girl at heart who loves to play dress up! I can’t resist putting together office chic outfits! It is so fun to experiment with different silhouettes, fabrics, and shapes!

Cue in the culottes! Have I said I LOVE culottes? Oh yes, I have! I used to think culottes were for stuffy women who worked boring 9-5 jobs and wanted to have a little wiggle room after that big company lunch! But little did I know, they are so unbelievably stylish (I may have bought two-one in black and one in white!)! A pair of culottes can literally go with anything…from a casual tee, to a more formal blouse, to heels, to boots! LITERALLY everything! Get ready to say yes to that big promotion because there is no way your boss can say no to you in culottes! And I am definitely not complaining with how they feel after a big lunch…those stuffy office ladies were on to something!

Are you wearing culottes for fall? If so, I’d love to hear how you style them! If not, I just have to ask…why the heck aren’t you?! Shop my favorites below, including the MUST HAVE satchel bags for fall, and steal the spotlight at work! #girlboss approved!

Thanks so much for reading!

XX-Samantha

Culottes: Sam Edelman @ Nordstrom Rack-sold out. Favorites here and here Both less than $50| Bag: TJ Maxx. Similar here and here | Top: Forever 21-old. Similar here | Necklace: Bauble Bar. Here| Booties: Vince Camuto-old. Similar here and Under $35 here|

Culottes

[otw_is sidebar=otw-sidebar-14]

Favorite Satchels for Fall

[otw_is sidebar=otw-sidebar-13]

Outfit Details

[otw_is sidebar=otw-sidebar-15]

30 comments so far.

30 responses to “Culottes and Heeled Booties”

1. Laura says:

Huge fan of this outfit! Especially the shoes!

2. Love your whole outfit, so cute! Just curious how you line up the images from the retailer, I have not problem doing it vertically, the horizontal part has me stumped! Very adorable look!

Valerie
    Fashion and Travel

3. Lee Anne says:

Love those booties! I need to get a more dressy pair like those!
    xoxo
    Lee Anne

4. Candy says:

Love culottes. Comfortable classy and hide few flaws I want hidden.

5. Emily says:

I was extremely nervous to wear culottes because I didn’t know what shoes to pair with them to make them look proportional and not cut my leg off….but, I really love the way you paired them with booties. I may have to invest in a pair…. 😀

xx, Emily from Something Gold, Something Blue

• Samantha says:

Yes they are a bit strange, I have to admit! They can be tricky to pair shoes with. I really didn’t think about pairing them with booties (I normally pair them with simple pumps), but I was running out the door and threw them on and realized they looked super cute! You should totally invest in a pair! You won’t regret it!

6. Hayli says:

I LOVE that shirt. so cute

7. Molly says:

I like your top! The print is really fun!

Molly and Stacie

8. Rachel Lloyd says:

Omg! I love this look. I’ve seen culottes in stores and wasn’t sure I could pull them off because I’m pretty short (5’5) but this is just too cute. I might have to try some on!

• Samantha says:

I think you definitely can! It’s all about proportions and making sure you find ones that aren’t too long or baggy! And probably pairing it with heels and a more fitted top! I think you should definitely give them a try! Thanks for reading and stopping by!

9. Yaitza says:

Love the purse and the outfit looks very well put together but comfortable at the same time!

10. HI!
    Great post and site! I found you on FB GYB page. Let me know if you’d like to collaborate, be a guest writer with links back to your blog, or get together to do a giveaway with some other bloggers, just support each other in some way. My site is http://www.4hourbodygirl.com.
    All the best,

Heather

• Samantha says:

Thank you so much Heather! I would love to collaborate! I will be in touch soon! I absolutely love your blog, definitely going to be using the recipes on there from now on! Thanks for reaching out!

11. Super cute look! Love the boots and the culottes especially.

xo, c. // The Block is Haute

12. Mar says:

LOVE that purse! Whoever said you can’t mix brown and black was a liar!

• Samantha says:

Definitely so true! I believe black can literally go with everything! And brown and black are the perfect combo for fall!

13. Davis Finn says: