Today is my birthday and I’m turning 23! Even though my #taylorswiftyear is over and no one likes you when you’re 23…I’m ready to embrace this new age with open arms. Some people think as you get older, birthdays don’t really matter. I am not one of those people. I absolutely love birthdays and I think they are so special and should be treated as such. It is your day to celebrate you and I truly believe it is one of the most important days of the year. I love when my birthday comes around because it is a time to for me to reflect on the past year: where I’ve been, where I am, and where I want to be in the next year. It is also just a time to celebrate me and come on now…who doesn’t love that?!
This past weekend, TJ and I went on a one day mini vacation to one of my favorite places in the world: Palm Springs. It turned out to be the best day. We started with outlet shopping, lunch at the Parker, an afternoon by the pool, dinner at Flemings, and a movie night. I don’t know how we managed to pack so much into one day, but we did and believe me, we were exhausted! The next morning consisted of walking around the grounds of our beautiful hotel and snapping some pictures in this gorgeous Azazie dress. It was the perfect way to celebrate my birthday.
To celebrate my birthday with you all, I want to share a little more personal side of me! I’m sharing 23 things that you may not know about me! Thanks so much for celebrating with me and following along my crazy life!
6. My favorite restaurant in the world is Mon Ami Gabi in Las Vegas. If you have the chance, go! Sit outside right on the strip and people watch while eating the best crepes I can find in America.
7. I’ve never left Southern California. I was born in Southern California, went to college in Southern California, and now live in Southern California. I think I am destined to be here my whole life.
8. I’m such a girly girl. Everything about me screams girly girl, but I am so adventurous. I love camping, I want to go sky diving, and I wouldn’t mind going cage diving with sharks.
9. I love the heat and hate the cold. My dream temperature everyday would be 100 degrees. I absolutely love the hot weather and would never make it in a city that has an actual winter (although I do love the winter outfits).
10. I am obsessed with Sex & The City. I know…who isn’t right?! But my obsession is real. I can probably quote every line from the first movie.
12. My dream man is Calvin Harris. Shhhh…don’t tell TJ!
13. I’m a perfectionist. In all aspects of my life. Something isn’t complete to me until it is nearly perfect. I know nothing and no one will ever be perfect, but I will always strive for close to perfection.
14. I studied Psychology in college. I planned on being a Marriage and Family Therapist, but had a senior year crisis and ended up in HR. I absolutely love it and plan to get my masters in Business one day.
15. I want to travel the world. I know everyone wants to travel the world. But I have this desire to see and experience everything I can in this short life we are given. Nothing is more important to me.
16. My favorite food is Mexican food. I could literally eat nothing else for my whole entire life.
18. I am obsessed with baseball. While I do like other sports, baseball will always have my heart. Go Angels!
19. I love playing craps at a casino. And I’m pretty lucky. Ever since I’ve turned 21, I’ve been addicted to casinos (this could be a good or a bad thing). I’ve never lost and I can be playing craps for hours.
20. My favorite animal is a sea otter. I’m obsessed.
21. I am a huge concert lover. I go to so many concerts a year and I will never stop. There is something so magical about being with other people who know all the words and singing along to your favorite song. Gives me chills every time.
22. My favorite Disney movie is Tangled. The scene with lanterns never fails to make cry. My dream is to view something so magical like that in real life.
23. I secretly want to move to a different city. While I love California, I think it would be so thrilling to experience living a new city. Not forever, but at least for a little bit of my life.
Thanks so much for reading and learning more about me! Hope you all have fabulous weeks!